Are you aware of the risks of plaque buildup and what you can do to keep your smile safe? Plaque buildup is a condition in which a sticky film of bacteria and debris collect on your teeth. If left untreated, it can eventually harden into a product known as tartar. Tartar will be difficult to remove through traditional flossing and brushing techniques, so you will need the assistance of our team. Read on for some helpful facts about plaque buildup:
– Plaque forms a thin layer of debris and bacteria in your mouth that often requires extensive oral hygiene care, including brushing and flossing daily.
– If plaque buildup is allowed to occur unimpeded, it can cause tooth loss.
– Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, is a condition in which you have an infection in your gum tissue. Plaque buildup can cause gum disease.
– If plaque buildup converts substances in your mouth into harmful acids that eat through your tooth enamel, you will be at risk for cavities, which consist of holes in your tooth enamel.
– Plaque buildup needs to be removed before it hardens into tartar.
– If you need additional help cleaning out your mouth and removing plaque buildup, visit our dentist every six months for a professional cleaning.
– Oral hygiene care in the form of cleaning out your mouth with safe and effective tools is essential on a daily basis.
Are you ready to combat plaque buildup and all the risks that come with it? If you would like to know if you require professional cleanings and care to prevent plaque buildup, please schedule an oral exam with Dr. Scott Timmons and our team at our dental office in Wyoming, Minnesota, by calling us at 651-462-5150. Wyoming Family Dental believe plaque can be conquered, so feel free to come see us today!