Are you suffering from bad breath or have you suffered from bad breath in the past? Although bad breath can commonly be caused by numerous risks and ailments within your mouth and body, they’re not always easily treated. If mouthwash has not completely eradicated bad breath, or if bad breath frequently returns, it is important to treat the underlying conditions. Listed below are a few helpful treatment and prevention tips:
– Avoid unhealthy lifestyle choices including chewing or smoking tobacco.
– Always be sure to clean your dentures every night in a denture-cleaning solution to help keep them safe from the hazards that can arise, including harmful bacteria known for producing bad breath.
– Bacteria associated with plaque buildup is more likely to cause bad breath if it lingers between your teeth and gums for extended periods of time, and must be eliminated on a daily basis with brushing and flossing.
– Your tongue can often contain bad breath bacteria, so it should always be cleaned with a toothbrush or tongue scraper.
– After eating, try using mouthwash to help kill bacteria and neutralize any harmful acids in your mouth that can contribute to bad breath.
– If you suffer from bad breath, it is essential to visit your dentist for routine check-ups and oral examinations.
– A common treatment for bad breath includes making sure your mouth always has plenty of saliva.
With the skilled craftsmanship of Dr. Charyl Weingarten and Dr. Scott Timmons in Wyoming, Minnesota, we can make sure your smile thrives on bad breath prevention. To book an appointment for bad breath treatments at Wyoming Family Dental, call us at 651-462-5150.