Are you taking adequate care of your dentures? Do you know which products to use and not to use to keep them safe? Are you practicing safe and effective oral health care habits before, during, and after using your dentures? If not, it is important to remember that there are many simple tricks you can use to keep your mouth and dentures safe from harm. To prevent your dentures from potential harm and ensure their longevity, you can practice the following tips:
– Use discretion when handling dentures as they can be slippery and easily damaged if dropped.
– To keep your dentures safe, soak or store your dentures nightly. Consult your dentist for the most effective storage methods for your dentures.
– Never use products on your dentures such as abrasive toothpaste or teeth-whitening treatments, as they can easily harm or bleach the dentures.
– Cleanse your dentures daily, including soaking them in a denture solution or water. Brush your dentures daily with a nonabrasive cleaner that has been approved by your dentist.
– Plan regular checkups with your dentist at Wyoming Family Dental.
– Before you insert your dentures or after you remove them, always be sure to clean your gums safely and efficiently.
– Always remove your dentures for cleaning and the removal of food particles.
To schedule your checkups with Dr. Charyl Weingarten or Dr. Scott Timmons, please call us today at 651-462-5150. Our team at Wyoming Family Dental in Wyoming, Minnesota is happy to help you take care of all of your oral health needs!