Are you noticing your smile fading over time? Did you know that aging plays a role in your oral health? Yes, it’s true! Through the years, your oral health can become more challenging to manage when left neglected or not cared for properly. Luckily, our dental team is happy to help you with your oral health.
Our dentist, Dr. Scott Timmons, cares about your smile and oral health. That is why our team at Wyoming Family Dental in Wyoming, Minnesota, is willing to share these basic tips with you about your smile.
Here are some tips on taking care of your smile as you age:
– Stop smoking as soon as possible because tobacco increases the risk of cancers, which can naturally increase with age.
– Floss each day between your teeth and along your gum line to keep your teeth and gums in top-notch health.
– When you brush your teeth, be sure to select a soft-bristled toothbrush that is soft on your tooth enamel.
– If you wear dentures, always keep them clean and be sure to rinse them and take them out each night to avoid bacteria buildup.
– Visit your dentist every six months to fight any oral health threats you may have.
As you can see, there are many things you can do to help your smile stay in tip-top shape through the years. Furthermore, your smile’s health is important, which is why we encourage you to give us a call at 651-462-5150 for an oral health checkup if you have any questions or concerns.