Dental crowns are often used to cap and conceal damaged teeth with a restoration procedure that will leave them much more protected from future threats such as tooth decay. Although there is no quick fix or end-all level of protection, with the help of dental crowns, and effective oral hygiene habits that include brushing twice daily and flossing once daily, it is possible to extend the lifespan of damaged teeth by decades. If you currently have damaged teeth, you might want to consider the following benefits dental crowns can provide:
- Bits of broken or fractured teeth can be fused together with the help of dental crowns.
- Teeth that have been worn down from grinding your teeth, or teeth suffering from tooth decay can be improved with dental crowns.
- Vulnerable teeth that are easily cracked, chipped or frayed can benefit from dental crowns.
- Teeth that suffer from oral ailments or abnormalities in shape, size, color, curvature, fit, or alignment, can benefit from dental crowns.
- Concealing and further protecting various other dental services you may have had such as dental bridges, fillings, dental implants, or root canals is possible with dental crowns.
- Dental crowns can provide cosmetic enhancements such as improving or concealing the look of unsightly teeth.
Dr. Charyl Weingarten and Dr. Scott Timmons at Wyoming Family Dental look forward to refining your smile for many years to come. If you are interested in learning more about dental crowns, you can schedule an oral exam by contacting us at 651-462-5150. Our office is conveniently located in Wyoming, Minnesota. We look forward to meeting you soon!